The Half Moon Bay International Marathon will include a full 26.2 marathon event, a 13.1 mile half marathon event, and a FREE 5k Fun-Run!
EVENT DATE: Sunday, September 29, 2013
(all times PDT):
- Full Marathon: 7:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon: 7:15 a.m.
- 5K: 7:30
(New for 2013--discounted registration for Active Military)
- $125 effective 1/1/13 through 2/28/13
- $140 effective 3/1/13 through 5/31/13
- $155 effective 6/1/13
- Half Marathon:
- $80 effective 1/1/13 through 2/28/13
- $95 effective 3/1/13 through 5/31/13
- $110 effective 6/1/13
- 5K: The 5k is a family FUN RUN, for free, no entry fee! No t-shirt, and no finisher's award, but you get 100% of the fun!
Important Note: The Entry Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. Your bib number is for you and you only! There are no exceptions.
SEPTEMBER WEATHER: Average high: 67°F, Average low: 52°F. This is the most beautiful weather period on the "Coastside" , and we feature the most incredible, clean sea air you've ever experienced! Just look to the right at the weather info to see what it is like right now in Half Moon Bay!
In 2013, we will once again offer mulitple packet pickup locations throughout the SF Bay Area for our athletes convenience. In addition, in response to many requests, in 2013 we will offer mail service for your bib packet, as an option during registration.
WHAT DOES MY ENTRY FEE INCLUDE?
- Brooks technical fabric shirt with a very special design (Marathon and Half Marathon only)
- Clif Gel Shots, Shotbloks and Electrolyte drink at the Aid Stations and Bars at the start/finish!
- The only marathon and half marathon 100% along the Pacific Ocean with no highway roads!
- Healthy snacks and drinks at the start/finish line
- Entertainment at the finish line including live music!
- Finisher's medal for all events (except the Free Fun Run 5K)
- Online results reporting and special coverage in the local press
- Port-a-potties on the course, along with Recharge Stations with fluids and Clif! Products
- Medical care including emergency stand-by and first aid
SHIRT SIZING:Our tech shirts are gender specific. We will be featuring the Brooks Running Podium SS shirts (Click here to see the Men's model and here to see the Women's). Please use the charts below as a guide. PLEASE click on the Links below for SIZING if you have any questions regarding size:
Men's Sizing (Click here for more SIZING information)
OFFICIAL TIMEKEEPING:We will feature Chronotrack D-tag timing to time all events. You will receive your tag at official check-in and it is worn on your shoe.
HEADPHONES AND MUSIC: Our course is conducive to running with headphones, so tune in and rock out!
BYOB: As part of our GREEN effort of the HMBIM, we are highly encouraging the use of your own water bottle during the event, however, this is optional, and cups will be provided at the recharge stations.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION: ln accordance with USATF guidelines, the top 5 OVERALL and MASTERS awards will be based on GUN time, not D-Tag (i.e. Chip/Net) time. Divisional age group and Top Coastside awards will be based on D-Tag/Chip/Net time.
We will provide awards and recognition as follows for all 3 events:
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female Finishers (Based on GUN time)
- Top 3 Masters (age 40 and over) for Male and Female (Based on GUN time)
- Top 3 Age Group awards for Male and Female (Based on chip/net time)
- Top Coastside Male and Female (Based on chip/net time)
REGISTRATION LIMITS: For 2013 we will allow a total of 2000 participants across all 3 events. Full marathoners must be 18 years or older. Half marathoners must be 16 years or older. All athletes should be in good health on the day of the run.
MEDICAL: The HMBIM team regards safety and medical concerns very seriously. We will have licensed medical staff on-site at the start/finish line, led by our Medical Director, Dr. Pamela Carrington-Tribble, D.O. We will also have trained first-aid staff available at every aid station for any minor medical issues. Please click here to consult valuable medical information compiled for athletes by our Medical Director.
EVENT CUTOFFS:We will close the course 6 hours after the Full Marathon Start, or at 1:00 p.m. PST. All distances must be complete by this time. Anyone finishing the event after the course closes will not be recognized as an official finisher. All runners have electronically signed the event waiver at registration time which specifically mandates removal from the course if you will not finish within the cutoff time, so please make sure you are prepared to comply with this rule. This is for the safety of the athletes and to ensure contingincies are managed properly.
CANCELLATIONS: New for 2013---take a look at the "Registration Protection" option during checkout of your registration on Active.com for new options.
Active provides the Registration Protection, but if that is not selected, there are no cancellations for any reason, and no refund will be issued for any reason regardless of urgency or circumstances. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Your current year registration is NOT TRANSFERABLE to a subsequent year. As the Half Moon Bay International Marathon organization is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, you should consult your tax counsel to see if the amount of your entry fee can be taken as a charitable donation.